A young gambler has been left in a state of shock after a betting company has refused to pay him after reportedly winning a Ghȼ57 million bet.
Theophilus Morgan placed a bet which ran from 7th November – 11th November 2018 and involved 24 games which he repeated for 220 times, all of which resulted in a win.
His predictions comprised of games from EPL, Champions League, Italian Serie A and Europa League.
He was getting ready to withdraw his money only to realise his account had been blocked by the betting company, Safariet.
Morgan then stormed one of the offices of SafariBet to find out why his account has been blocked after several hours at the offices.
His account was reactivated again, only for the betting company to reduce his actual win from Ghȼ57 million to Ghȼ286,991.
Speaking on Adom FM’s morning show, Fabewoso Monday, the distraught man alleged that the company had intentionally deleted 219 of his slips, with no trace of evidence to prove that he had won such an amount.
He is convinced that management of SafariBet blocked his account so they could alter the figures.
Theophilus Morgan expressed displeasure at how SafariBet wants to outsmart him, considering that he lost many bets with the company in the past.
He said SafariBet had opted to pay Ghȼ286,000, a figure that was nowhere close to 10% of the total amount he legitimately won, if he agreed that was the amount he won.
Mr Morgan maintained that his online account was credited with the Ghȼ57 million and has evidence to prove it.
His lawyer, Kwame Atuahene, said they have petitioned the Gaming Commission to intervene in the matter.
“We have done everything possible so we are hoping the Gaming Commission will help bring the matter to a logical conclusion,” he added.